Tips for Decorating the Inside of a RVLet's talk about decorating a motor home in quick, inexpensive style. We'll start by discussing few basics of how to decorate a small space;
- Limit clutter: Keep counter tops clutter free and limit the decorations and accessories in other areas to open up the interior and make rooms look more spacious. Dark shades make spaces appear smaller, while light shades make spaces look larger and more inviting.
- Use one main theme: Focus on one or two decorating themes or a favorite art print or sculpture rather than trying to re-create your permanent home’s interior.
- Window treatments rock your style: Curtain and window treatments add elegance. Sheer, lightweight fabrics let light in and give the illusion of space and openness, but still provide privacy.
- Add punches of color: Accent rugs used in high traffic areas not only decorate but help to protect the investment and resale value of a recreational vehicle. As a bonus, they trap dirt and other debris and cut cleaning chores in half.
- Keep it simple: Focus on main areas like kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms when decorating travel homes. Most of these rooms come with furniture, so only a few accent touches are needed to complete the décor.
- Light up your life: Wall mounted lighting is functional as well as decorative. Use light to make small areas appear larger.
Decorating Small Spaces in Motor Homes and Travel Trailers
Matched sets of towels and some bathroom counter-top organizers are enough for most bathrooms.
Look for triangle shaped items like toothbrush holders to utilize corner spaces, nook, or niches.
(See the images to the right for examples.You can purchased these at your local "dollar" store, which made them extremely cheap but chic accessories)
Kitchens are the heart of most homes, and a motor home is no exception.
Collapsible storage items like boxes or plate cradles not only provide easy access and save space, but they can be very decorative.
Choose from collapsible sink drainers, trivets, measuring cups, or other essentials. Colorful plastic crates add a splash of color and fun to small spaces.
Decorating a your RV: Easy As 1-2-3
- Keep it simple: Use one main theme and a few key pieces; take advantage of under-utilized spaces.
- Plan it on paper first: Draw a floor plan of the motor home and then sketch in the decor items and their placement.
- Buy multifunctional items: Focus on collapsible storage bins or reversible throws and pillows that are decorative as well as utilitarian.